Chinese Government Scholarship 2021 invites applications from international students who want to study undergraduate and postgraduate studies in various disciplines at more than 280 Chinese Universities. It was initiated by the Chinese Government to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation and mutual understanding between other countries and China and it covers accommodation, basic health insurance and monthly allowance up to 3500 Yuan.
Chinese Government Scholarship require online application submission at CSC website. After that the candidate should apply to the selected university and send the required documents to the university along with CSC scholarship application form.
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For Ph.D. degree, age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor’s degree for the master’s degree
- Master’s degree for the doctoral degree.
- Type A CSC Scholarship: this covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university residence in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship: this covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C CSC Scholarship: This is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
Among all, Type A CSC scholarship is more attractive and competitive as Type B or Type C CSC scholarship because it will be easier to obtain.
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You should check the deadline of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship has to be completed online (in English or Chinese) and different account for different universities.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and an authorisation code that will be provided by the university.
- Attach the required documents in PDF format
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select a Chinese University and course of your choice
- Confirm that Chinese University chose requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If needed, submit application on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Prepare 2 sets of documents and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July and the entities post the necessary documentation to process the study VISA for the candidates.
Documents Required as in Chinese government scholarships
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or report . You must attach a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical centre where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
(3) CV written in English or Chinese: You can attach a document that contains information about your specialty and your academic interests, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form.
(4) Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese with at least one from your last university professors.
(5) TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you do not have IELTS certificate, you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English language. It is called English proficiency certificate.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) An acceptance letter issued by professors at a Chinese university where you want to take admission. Search professors profile related to your field of your desired university and send them emails and please do not copy email from others make it your own.
(9) Another important but not essential requirement is pre-admission letter from the destination university.
(10) Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them.
(11) If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
Submit your application by applying online