Suitably qualified applicants are invited to apply for 2021/2022 Canon Foundation–Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program. The program offers fellowships to highly qualified researchers in fields of research related to African Studies ant it intends to support:
1. Fellows from KU who want to do research in Africa
2. scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who want to do research in Kyoto.
Fellowship duration: 3-12 months
Fellowship period: April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022
Fellowshpi worth: 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and is pro-rated for different periods
Deadline: February 15th, 2021
Applicants need to be holding at least an MA degree and employed either at KU or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of applying.
For a complete list of KU’s partner institutions, please visit its Global Engagement Website at http://www.oc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/agreement/en/.
How to apply:
Consideration of the applications takes place first at KU and then at CFE and the Selection Committee of CFE will make final decisions and email the results to applicants before the end of February 2021. Please submit the following documents to Kyoto University Africa Unit (email@example.com):
1.Research plan including a clear title at the top of the page as well as starting/ending dates of the proposed research. The research plan needs to include a general cost estimate, including living, travel, research costs, insurance, and etc. (maximum 2 pages)
2. Reference letters (maximum 1 page each) from 2 persons. One letter should be from someone in a position to comment on your academic qualifications and professional work while the other should be a confirmation letter from your prospective host who can provide research or work facilities to you during the proposed period.
3, Curriculum Vitae
4. 1 copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree
5. 1 passport size photograph
6. 1 list of your academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order containing information on all authors, place and year of publication and page references.