FairMoney build leading mobile bank for emerging markets for with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia. We are recruiting suitably qualified Software Engineer to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Team Lead)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Full-Time
Start Date: 07 September 2020
The candidate will work as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 15 people worldwide. You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application.
Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on:
- Developing new features (ex: wallet),
- Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients.
Our Technical Stack:
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have >5 years of experience in backend,
- You must have led a team of engineers for no less than 2 years – also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You must have led a technical project from specification to delivery,
- You are able to code in a backend language (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.