Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships UK is open for Selected Countries. The scholarship allows Postgraduate, Masters level programme(s) in universities in Scotland. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with universities in Scotland in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
- Full tuition fee
- Study location: Universities in Scotland listed here
- Degree level: Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships UK is available to undertake Postgraduate, Masters level programmes at universities in Scotland.
- Courses: Courses listed here
- Selected Countries
- The deadline of the scholarship is 31 July 2020
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Medical Sciences
- Renewable Energy
- Creative Industries
- Earth Sciences
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Media Studies
- Computer Games
- Computer Graphics
- Interior Design
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Designing
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Management
- Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Hydro Power
- Tidal Power
- Solar Power
- The course must be a postgraduate master’s level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Science Technology
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Scholarships are available to citizens of Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and USA.
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any universities in Scotland.
- Candidates must have ave a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Candidates must not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Candidates must not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Candidates must meet the language requirements of the course.
- Candidates must complete an application form and submit it by the closing date.
- The courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland.
- The course must not be online, distance-learning, or courses delivered at a Scottish university campus overseas are not eligible for the scholarship.
In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship candidate must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. The candidates must complete the application online here.