The Government of the Czech Republic invites application from foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. The scholarships are dedicated solely to promote the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries and neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic can apply for a scholarship. From the 1950s to date, over 20 000 foreign nationals have completed their studies at Czech universities with a scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2020
Type: Doctoral and Masters
To be Taken at (Country): Public Universities in the Czech Republic
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Award: the standard length of study plus the one-year preparatory course of the Czech language
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
Follow-up Master study programmes plus a one-year-long preparatory course of the Czech language
Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of bachelor’s degree programmes and they can enrol only in programmes from the selected areas of study taught in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award
Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in programmes studied in the English language.
Government scholarships for studies at universities in the Czech Republic are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic as part of a joint project pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Eligibility: The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are:
- foreign nationals from developing third countries
- not a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union,
- not foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic
- not be granted to persons under 18 years of age on 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic
Value of Award: The scholarship covers:
- the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic.
- Currently, the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month
- Whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
How to Apply:
Applicants are obliged to complete their application online
Information on the terms and conditions of scholarship awards is provided in Guidelines for Granting Scholarships of the Government of the Czech Republic, issued in Czech and English and applicants are expected to visit Award Webpage for Details