The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission invites qualified candidates to apply for Research Fellowships for mid-career professionals of Developing Commonwealth Countries to study at a host UK organization. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships fund mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries to research in a host UK organisation working in their field to enhance professional development.
Application Deadline: 3rd August 2020 4 pm (GMT).
Eligible Countries: Developing Commonwealth country
Taken at: UK Universities
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Fellowship: Several
Fellowship period: 1 February 2021 and 15 March 2021
Fellowship duration: 3 months but could be extended to 6-months
References submission deadline: Monday 17th August 2020 (4 pm (BST) )
Areas of Fellowships:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Eligibility: The candidate must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application where to return upon completion of the fellowship
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject.
Selection Criteria: The criteria for selection are as follows:
- The degree to which the proposed Fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills relevant to the needs of a Commonwealth developing country
- The degree to which those skills will lead to practical benefits for the developing country following the Fellowship
- The degree to which the Fellowship will have a catalytic effect, either within the developing country concerned or in establishing new relationships with the UK
- Covers the living expenses for the Fellow
- Return airfare to the UK.
- Funding support to the host organisation
- The budget of up to £3,000 available for attendance at conferences, on short courses, and other eligible costs.
How to Apply:
The application must include at least two references of which one MUST be from your current employer. The Commission makes the final selections of Host organisation programmes and individual Fellows.
To apply, make your application online