La Trobe University is inviting outstanding international students to apply for the La Trobe University Graduate Research Scholarship (LTGRS). The scholarship gives opportunities for students to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers and have access to the University’s suite of professional development programs.
- Open: 1 Aug 2020
- Place of study: La Trobe University, Australia
Level: Masters, PhD Degree in a relevant subject
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target group: Open to international students
- Deadline: 30 Sept 2020 (Annual)
Course start date: Jan 2021
- The scholarship worth $28,092 per annum (2020 rate) for 3.5 years for doctoral degree or 22 months for a master’s by research.
- It is also a fee-relief scholarship that funds 4 years for a doctoral degree or 2 years for a master’s by research.
Eligibility for PhD applicants:
To be eligible to apply for the PhD by Research scholarship, applicants must have
- masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last 10 years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 70 or above
- or possess a Bachelors (Honours) degree and master’s degree by coursework or ungraded master’s by research degree completed within the last 10 years where they achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects.
- a research thesis of 15,000-20,000 words or include a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of 1 year, or the applicant is the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last 10 years.
Eligibility for master’s applicants:
To be eligible to apply for a master’s by Research scholarship,
- applicants must have a 3-year bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last 10 years with a weighted average mark in the final year of 65 or above.
- applicants must also have completed a thesis or comparable work of research equivalent that the University can assess for honours equivalence.
For more information and application, Visit the Award Homepage