NAEd/Spencer is inviting application for 2021 Dissertation Fellowship Program. NAEd/Spencer Dissertation Fellowship Programme is a highly competitive program aimed to identify the most talented researchers conducting dissertation research related to education. It supports individuals whose dissertations show potential for bringing fresh and constructive perspectives to the history, theory, analysis, or practice of formal or informal education anywhere in the world. The Dissertation Fellowship program receives many more applications than it can fund. This year 35 fellowships will be awarded.
- Type: Fellowship
- Number of Fellowships: 35
- Eligible Countries: Any
- To be Taken at (Country): USA
- Number of Awards: 35
- Value of Award: 2 Professional Development Retreats Led by Senior Scholars and $27,500 Fellowship Stipend
- Duration of Award: 1 academic year
- Application Deadline: 8th October 2020
- The NAEd Spencer Dissertation Fellowship Program is open to every eligible applicant regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Applicants must be candidates for the doctoral degree at a graduate school within the United States.
- Fellowships support the final analysis of the research topic and the writing of the dissertation. All applicants must show that they will have completed all pre-dissertation requirements by June 1, 2021 and must provide a clear and specific plan for completing the dissertation within a 1-2 years’ time frame.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated record of research experience in education.
- The proposed project must be an education research project.
- Applications will be judged based on the applicant’s past research record, career trajectory in education research, and the quality of the project described in the application.
- Fellows may not accept employment other than as described in the application, nor may they accept other awards without prior approval (including awards from NAEd or Spencer) that would provide duplicate benefits.
- Applications must be made by the individual applying for the fellowship as group applications will not be accepted.
- Importance of the research question to education
- Quality of the research approach and feasibility of the work plan
- Applicant’s future potential as a researcher and interest in educational research
How to Apply for this Fellowship, complete the online application.
For more information about this award, Visit Award Webpage