The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- Academic Year: 2020-2021
- Number of Awards: Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- Award Type: Admission
- Action: Nomination Required
- Availability: International Students
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- School Nomination deadline: 30th November
- Student Application deadline: 15th January
- Value of Award: The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support.
Duration of Program: Four years.
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply:
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to apply to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2020 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we have received a nomination and you have applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
To apply for this scholarship, complete the application online
Based on application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually. These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs.
To learn about the scholarship, visit award page here.