Goethe University invites application for PhD Scholarships at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Goethe University for a position of “Professorship of Political Science, especially Radicalization and Violence Research” PhD Student / Research Associate.
- Eligible Countries: Any
- Start date: 1st Oct 2020
- Gender: All
- To be Taken at (Country): Frankfurt, Germany
- Number of Awards: 1
- Type: part-time
- Value & Duration of Award: Three years (possible extension for one year).
- Type: PhD
- Application Deadline: 15th August 2020
- Candidates should have a MA degree (or equivalent) in the fields of peace and conflict studies, International Relations, or political science. The PhD project pursued by the candidate should deal with terrorist groups or counterterrorism in the MENA region or Sub-Saharan Africa. Excellent English languages skills, very good Arabic or French, and the good of German, as well as substantial experience abroad, are required. Profound knowledge of quantitative or qualitative research methods is an asset.
- The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-GU). The research associate will be based at the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) and work within the research group on terrorism.
- Responsibilities: Candidates should actively contribute to the research of the professorship in the fields of political violence, terrorism, and counterterrorism. He/she should pursue their research project in the field of conflict studies and earn a PhD.
How to Apply:
Applications including a CV, copies of relevant certificates, short PhD proposal (3 pages) as well as a brief statement on how the candidate’s research connects to the profile of the professorship – should be sent to the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Goethe University Frankfurt / Main via email (please indicate reference number 16): dekanat.fb03‐firstname.lastname@example.org‐frankfurt.de.
For more information, Visit Award Webpage