American University invites applications for American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship (AU EGLS) from exceptional International Undergraduate Students. AU EGLS promotes educational access and opportunity, international diversity and brings together academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Sponsors: American University, USA
- Accepted Subject Areas: Courses offered by the university
- Eligible Countries: International students
- Study location: American University, USA
- Number of Awards: one student
- Worth: approximately U.S.$4,000 per year and does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses
- The scholarship provides everything from full tuition, fees, room, and board for one first-year (freshman) high-achieving international student Type: Undergraduate
- Duration: Renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
- Application Deadline: 15th December 2020
Selection Criteria: The most competitive applicants should have:
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to service and advancing the needs of people in their home country
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum of 90 in TOEFL iBT (with no subscore lower than 20) or 7.0 in IELTS or 600 in paper based TOEFL (or above).
- Demonstrated leadership, volunteerism, and community service
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
How to Apply:
To apply to the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, simply complete the online application form.
For more information about this scholarship, Visit Scholarship Webpage.