United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is inviting application to the post of National Human Rights Officer in Nigeria. United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) launched the CLIMIS project to address the link between human rights, migration and climate change in the Sahel region and to promote a rights-based and gender-sensitive approach to the migration challenges posed by climate change.
- Agency: United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Job Title: National Human Rights Officer
- Job ID: 31964
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Practice Area – Job Family: Management – Human Rights
- Grade: NOB
- Vacancy Type: FTA Local
- Posting Type: Common System
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Deadline: August 12, 2020
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Environmental Law and Policy or in General Social or Human Sciences.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in human rights, migration, and climate change.
- Good knowledge of international, regional, and national legal instruments and mechanisms for the promotion and protection of human rights.
- Knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation is an asset.
- International cooperation and community work are an asset.
- Good knowledge of the operational context in Nigeria
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required
- Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
If you are interested in this job, complete the application online
For more information, visit the employer’s webpage
Source: UNDP webpage