MainOne Cable Nigeria is inviting applications for the post of Network Security Engineer. The MainOne Cable is a submarine communications cable that deals with Telecommunications that began the operation on July 22, 2010.
- Job Title: Network Security Engineer
- Department: Technical
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Number to Hire: 1
- Job Type: Permanent
- Minimum Years of Experience: 4
- Deadline: Not Specified.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible to install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
Other responsibilities will include.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Performing both internal and external security audits
- Analysing security breaches to identify the root cause
- Monitor computer networks for security access issues.
- Stay current on IT security trends, standards, and news
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Conducting security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Continuously updating the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Ethical Hacking
- Penetration Testing
- Intrusion Detection
- Incidence Response
- Reverse Engineering
- Proficient with various operating systems
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Must have these professional certifications CISSP and CTIA and anyone of LPT and CEH
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience with 2-3 years of experience in security logs analysis and interpretation.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches promptly while understanding the business impact.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
Demands of the Job
- Fluent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Technical Report Writing and C-Level Presentation Skills
- Ability and willingness to work long hours,
- take responsibility for delivery and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Some Travel may be required
For more information and application for this job, visit the application webpage
Source: MainOne website