Synapse Services is inviting applications for the post of Senior Medical Officer and Clinical Lead. The company is privately owned and managed Center for Psychological Medicine with the head office located at No.10, Inuwa Wada Crescent Off T.O.S Benson Street Opposite LEA Primary, Off N Okonjo-Iweala Way, Utako, Abuja.
- Job Title: Senior Medical Officer and Clinical Lead
- Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Consultant Psychiatrist and Medical Director
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Category: Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
- Deadline: 21st August 2020
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours except when on other official duties.
- To carry out a physical examination on all patients before admission according to Synapse Policy
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward-rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant
- To update clinical notes on all patients according to best practice for record-keeping
- To ensure that within a week of admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the Patient and Family.
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to the patient, explained, and documented. Encourage consultants to explain the diagnosis to patient and document it.
- To respond promptly to the request of all clinical staff (consultants, other doctors, and nurses) to see patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing IV infusions, administration of IV drugs, etc.
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from Synapse Services within 72 hours of discharge
- Must ensure every patient discharged from Synapse Services sees a doctor within 7 days post-discharge
- Run regular follow up clinics and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission
- Partake in On-call duties
- Run a smoking cessation clinic
- Contribute to and be a part of Synapse Business Team
- Be part of the team that contacts Organizations to seek clients for Synapse
- Carry out presentations at clinical meetings in various hospitals to inform them of our clinical services
- To examine a sick/injured member of clinic staff and offer appropriate advice in respect of treatment
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss service improvement
- Carry out regular teaching sessions directed at Nurses, Support Workers and Psychologists.
- Administrative Duties:
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment
- Be a member of Synapse Middle management committee and attend line Management meetings
- Be a co-chair for Synapse Educational meetings
- Will be asked to be part of other ad-hoc committees if and when necessary
- Take a lead role in developing and writing proposals for Synapse japonica Services
- Be a facilitator on some of Synapse Services Training programs
- Read understand and adhere to clinic policies and procedures
- Will be a clinical and managerial lead
- Will be a part of the Business Development team
- Health and Safety and Quality Assurance:
- Be familiar, understand and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations including evacuation policy and the medical officer’s role in such an event
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations to promote the good reputation of the clinic
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager is essential
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Postgraduate qualifications including master’s programs are desirable
- Experience in non-clinical settings that demonstrates exposure to other industries is desirable.
- Relevant experience in mental health is desirable
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in clinical care and patient management.
- Will be sponsored to internal training programs and if exceptional will be exposed to international training programs
- Will be expected to engage in self-directed learning
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g. “Senior Medical Officer – Port Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.