The DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance invites applications for its Early Career Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Research. This Fellowship programme provides a unique opportunity for promising postdoctoral researchers to carry out high-quality biomedical research in India towards building an independent research career.
- Fellowship location: India
- Type: postdoctoral researchers
- Nationality: Any
- Fellowship Duration: 5 years
- Preliminary application deadline: 11 August 2020, 2 pm IST
- Applicant must be in the final year of PhD or have no more than four years of post-PhD research experience from the date of PhD viva to the invited full application submission deadline (tentatively in October 2020 for the current round of competition); due consideration will be given to justified non-research career breaks
- Applicant may either have completed or be pursuing PhD in any discipline of science; however, the proposed research work must be within the funding remit of India Alliance
- There are no restrictions based on age or nationality
- Applicant need not be resident in India while applying, but should be aspiring to launch an independent research career in India
- Applicant must choose a not-for-profit host institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration (5 years) of the award in line with India Alliance award conditions and policies
- Applicant may or may not have a faculty position
- Outline (750 words) of a research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A Fellowship Supervisor who would guide the applicant in the proposed research and a letter of support to this end; the proposed research is expected to complement and benefit from the Fellowship Supervisor’s research interests and expertise
- An additional letter of recommendation from a person, other than the proposed Fellowship Supervisor, who can comment on the applicant’s research training
Preliminary application forms will be available from 9 am on 13 July 2020 on the India Alliance online application System.