Palladium is inviting applications for the post of Agricultural Mechanisation Business Development Consultant (Firm or Individual). Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children and also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
- Job Title: Agricultural Mechanisation Business Development Consultant (Firm or Individual)
- Ref No: req8630
- Location: Nigeria
- Name of Project/ Programme: Propcom Mai-karfi
- Deadline: August 12, 2020
Propcom Mai-karfi is a DFID-sponsored programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through improved productivity and opportunities for employment in selected agricultural market systems across the nineteen states of Northern Nigeria. The initial phase of the Propcom Mai-karfi programme ran from 5th December 2011 to 31st December 2017. PM now has a three-year extension (2018-2021) to support the Government of Nigeria’s integrated security, political and economic response in stabilising and rebuilding the North-East. The extension delivers interventions to facilitate systems development, stimulate market recovery, and rebuild livelihoods across the nine North-East states of Nigeria.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Relevant academic qualification in economics, business management, or related discipline
- Extensive experience in investment consultancy or business development
- Proof of critical involvement process in successful, large-scale investment proposals or concepts
- Knowledge of the Nigerian agricultural sector is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pull a team together to work effectively and to work within the specified time frame.
- Proven understanding regarding dynamics in investment and start-ups of business in Nigeria
Assignment Duration and Location:
The consultant or firm will work from their business premises with frequent teleconferencing with the PM Ag Mech Team. This engagement is expected to be completed over a maximum of 25 days spread over 2 months.
How to apply:
Interested parties (individual consultants or firms) should submit a CV or company profile, technical proposal, and financial proposal to email@example.com using the subject line “Agricultural Mechanisation Business Development Consultant”.
Criteria for selection (Total – 100%):
- Technical proposal – 50 %
- CV/company profile with professional references and Evidence of previous work done – 30%
- Financial proposal with evidence of Tax Identification Number – 20%
The applicants will be assessed based on their ability to provide the plan of how they intend to carry out the task as stated above under deliverables. The service will be delivered effectively from August 2020. Email as one attachment with the subject line “Agricultural Mechanisation Business Development Consultant” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A detailed description of the technical proposal
2. Evidence of previous work done
3. CV/Company profile with professional references
4. Tax Remittance Number and financial proposal (sent separately on attached excel sheet)
NOTE: All documents should be sent in Microsoft Word or PDF formats.
For more information, Palladium webpage