Palladium Group is inviting applications for the post of LASHMA Consultant. The Lagos State Health Management Agency (LASHMA) was established as a public-private partnership to promote, regulate, and supervise the activities of the LSHS. Thus, LSHS is a system of advance financing of healthcare expenditure through contributions and premiums paid into a common pool, called the Lagos State Health Fund (LASHEF). It was created to provide a social security system that guarantees needed health services to people paying annual premium contributions. It is primarily a risk-sharing arrangement that can improve resource mobilisation and equity in the healthcare sector.
- Job Title: LASHMA Consultant
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Project Overview and Role
- Status: Open
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The objective is to develop and formalize a framework and Standard Operating Protocol that would inform the framework for Registration, Monitoring, Licensing, Sanctioning and Customer Relations of the Agency.
- The consultant will work and collaborate with LASHMA under supervision of HP+. The Consultant’s scope of work and responsibilities include:
- Engage the Ministry of Justice and interpret the LSHS Law in line with the proposed Regulatory Functions for the Agency.
- Carry out stakeholders analysis to highlight the roles and responsibilities of relevant organizations in Lagos State
- In consultation with the Regulations Team, prepare a comprehensive list of contents that should be included in the framework and SOPs
- Draft specific, detailed, and practical steps for Registration, Monitoring, Licensing, Sanctioning and Customer Relations
- Facilitate working group consultations with Lagos State House of Assembly (LAHA), Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA), HMOs, Corporate Organizations, Healthcare Providers
- Present the draft SOP to LASHMA; finalize the SOP incorporating all inputs and feedback
- Produce a well-written and comprehensive Framework of Operation highlighting:
– Standard Operating Procedures for Registration, Monitoring & Compliance, Licensing, Sanctioning, Customer Relations activities
– Recommendations on the SOPs to strengthen linkages between organizations involved in the process
-Resource Directory of all the relevant stakeholders with focal points
- Coordinate and conduct a detailed presentation before completion of the project
Duration and Expected Deliverables:
The duration of the contract will be August 17 – September 30, and the Consultant will be responsible for two deliverables:
- A written documentation on the interpretation of the LSHS Law, outlining LASHMA’s regulatory roles, responsibilities, and rights.
- A written framework of the implementation of the LSHS Law and LASHMA’s regulatory functions, including SOPs for each identified function and how linkages between organizations will be ensured
- A postgraduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Public Health, Law, Political Science, Development Study, Humanities, or any other relevant discipline, or with bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of professional relevant experience in the HMO industry is required.
- At least 10-15 years of prior work experience in dealing with social health insurance regulations setup and operations, especially in the subnational context. Knowledge of HMO practices in Nigeria is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching the area of Social health Insurance.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations.
- Knowledge and experience developing SOPs, especially in the area of Health Insurance.
- Solid knowledge of LASHMA’s mandate and goals.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, complete the application online.
For more information, visit the company Webpage
Source: Palladium Group webpage