The Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) is a funding programme for start-ups and individuals established by DBT-BIRAC to support novel and innovative technologies with commercialisation potential in life sciences. The grant aims to help the generation of ideas with commercialisation potential and encourage entrepreneurship among innovators and researchers. Through this scheme, a grant of up to 50 Lakhs is provided to biotech start-ups and entrepreneurs for 18 months to help transform innovative ideas and technologies into commercially viable products. BIRAC invites proposals for the BIG scheme twice a year. The BIG Scheme is implemented through BIG Partners across the country. C-CAMP also partners with BIRAC for the Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) Scheme to provide necessary scientific infrastructure, expertise, and high-end platform technology access to nurture early-stage inventions through Proof of Concept stage. Currently, over 150 start-ups have been supported by C-CAMP through the BIG scheme, and over 100 start-ups through its other activities, including bio-incubation, mentorship, and other facilitation.
• Foster generation of ideas with strong commercialisation potential
• In 18 Months, establish and validate proof of concept
• Encourage researchers to take technology closer to market through a startup
• Stimulate enterprise formation
- Basic Qualification is a Graduate degree in Science (MBBS, BDS, B.Pharmacy, B. Tech Graduates). MBA graduates can apply if two‐thirds of the team are students/researchers in Life sciences.
How to apply
If you are interested in this funding opportunity, apply here
For more information, visit the funding webpage