African Citizens are invited to apply for African Railway Center of Excellence (ARCE) Scholarships. The scholarships are for African citizens who intend to pursue MSc studies in Railway Engineering with a speciality in Civil Infrastructure, Rolling Stock and Traction and Train Control for the 2020/21 academic year. ARCE is one of the African Center of Excellence II projects supported by the World Bank. The Center aims to strengthen railway professionals’ development through short-term training, MSc and PhD level education, and research in Ethiopia and the region at large.
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
- To Be Taken At (Country): Addis Ababa University (AAU), Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT), Ethiopia
- Application Deadline: 14th September 2020
- Have completed their last degree less than five years ago during the time of application
- Be Citizens of African countries
- Duration of Programme: Scholarships are available from November 13, 2020, up to July 30, 2022 (for Two Academic years). The scholarship will be initially granted for one semester and may be extended for those who completed the first semester successfully
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Applicants should have bachelor’s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.00/4.00 for males and 2.5/4.00 for females (grading shall be converted to 4.00 scale or at the level of Upper Second-Class Honours or above).
For MSc in Railway Engineering (Civil Infrastructure):
- Applications may come from engineering subject areas with strong relevance in Civil Engineering including Structural, Geotechnical, and Construction Technology, or related fields.
For MSc in Railway Engineering (Rolling Stock):
- Applications may come from engineering subject areas with strong relevance in Mechanical Engineering including Mechanical Design, Industrial Engineering, and Thermal Engineering, or related fields.
For MSc in Railway Engineering (Traction and Train Control):
- Applications may come from engineering subject areas with strong relevance in Electrical Engineering including Electronic Communication Engineering, Power Engineering, Industrial Control Engineering, Computer Engineering, Microelectronics Engineering, or related fields.
Value of Award:
Type A. Full Scholarship: Covers monthly stipend (USD600 for MSc students), tuition fee, health insurance and transportation cost.
Type B. Half Scholarship: Covers monthly stipend (USD250 for MSc) and tuition fee.
Type C. Part-Time Scholarship: Covers tuition fee only.
Type D. Self-Sponsored Students: Student should cover all the expenses.
How to Apply:
The applicants should submit their document in a single PDF file to email@example.com. The application file name must be [applicantname_Field of Study.Pdf] e.g. jhon_Rollingstock.pdf. Female candidates and candidates from underprivileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Filled ARCE 2010/21 Scholarship form (Link for Application form)
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF; please use the Europass CV template
- Scanned copies of all university degree certificate
- Scanned copies of all university transcripts
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable
- All regional (Non-Ethiopian Citizens) applicants shall submit a certificate that states the English language is a media of instruction in your previous degree issued university.
All the documents listed above should be scanned in a single PDF (COMPILED) document. Applications submitted separately will be considered incomplete
For more information, Visit the Webpage