Applicants admitted to the School of International Service (SIS) PhD program as full-time students, who maintain good progress towards completing the degree and have no external funding are granted a Dean’s Fellowship. SIS PhD in International Relations provides qualified and dedicated students with the training, knowledge, and experience necessary to pursue careers in the scholarly and policy worlds and to contribute game-changing solutions in international affairs.
- Eligible Field: International Relations
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be Taken at : American University, USA
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration of Award: 4 years
- Type: PhD
- Application Deadline: 15th December 2020
- Applicants must be an outstanding scholar for careers in research and teaching at academic institutions, government, and non-governmental organizations throughout the world.
- Applicants must be focused, challenging, and meaningful experience
Value of Award
- Normally those admitted to the program are offered a Dean’s Fellowship, which is renewable for up to four years for full-time students who maintain good progress toward completing the degree.
- The Dean’s Fellowship provides full tuition remission plus a stipend that requires the student to work for a member of the SIS faculty as a either a Research or a Teaching Assistant for a maximum of 20 hours per week during both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- To pursue a PhD at SIS, you will identify a field concentration, take comprehensive examinations, and write and defend both a dissertation prospectus and a dissertation. You will emerge ready to take your place among international relations scholars and contribute to the body of knowledge in this exciting field.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, complete the application online
For more information, visit the award webpage