Nuffield College appoints with effect from 1 September 2021 two Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellows (PPRFs) in Sociology, broadly construed to include sociology, demography, social and medical statistics, public policy, and social policy. Applicants who wish to undertake interdisciplinary research in Sociology which includes Economics and/or Politics are also welcomed to apply for the Fellowships. Research Fellows may also undertake ad hoc paid teaching or supervision within the collegiate University, up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
- Type: Postdoc
- Eligible Countries: Any
- To be Taken at (Country): UK
- Number of Awards: 2
- Duration of Award: The posts are full-time and fixed term for three years, starting on 1 September 2021
- Application Deadline: 28th September 2020
- To be eligible, candidates should have completed, or be close to completing, a PhD/DPhil in a relevant field.
- Candidates must be within three years of the defence date (viva voce examination date) of their doctorate at the time of application. Allowances will be made for career breaks (for example, family-related leave) and candidates are asked to provide relevant information.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not previously held a research fellowship similar to that advertised for more than one year at the time of taking up the fellowship.
- Prospective candidates should also have experience of carrying out independent research and a track record of excellent quality papers appropriate for and commensurate with their career level.
- They should have the willingness to contribute to the intellectual life of the College, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Value of Award:
- The salary offered is £32,150 per annum (salary for 2019/20; the salary to be adjusted with effect from August 2020 following the agreement of the 2020/21 pay award). Subject to availability,
- Research Fellows may opt to rent single accommodation in College. Benefits include a research allowance and free lunch and dinner in College.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to complete the application online. For the online application, applicants are required to complete an application form and a recruitment monitoring form, and to upload the following documents:
- A covering letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria for the Fellowship.
- A Curriculum Vitae including a full list of publications/working papers.
- A one-page description of your current research.
- A one-page description of the research you would plan to undertake as a Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellow; and
- Two samples of your written work (for example, research papers or thesis chapters), together with a one-page abstract for each piece.
- On the application form, you will be asked to provide the names, postal addresses, and email addresses of at least two academic referees to whom we may write at a later stage in the selection process to request references in support of your application. Please ensure that your nominated referees would be available to provide references in October 2020.
For application technical difficulties, please contact Interfolio at email@example.com. For more information, Visit Award Webpage or contact the Nuffield College Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.