Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) Foundation is inviting applications for 2020 scholarships for female African students admitted in University, College, or institute of higher learning in Africa to study Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines.
Worth: $500 per annum: Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
Number of Scholarship: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarship is a onetime fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
Eligible Countries: Young women from all Africa countries
To be taken at: Applicants home country
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2020
Eligible Fields of Study:
Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management, Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Home Science Nutrition and Dietetics, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
Selection Criteria and Eligibility:
- WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
- Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply.
- All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate for B.S. degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
How to Apply:
Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application. Your application will include the following:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
If you are interested in this scholarship, complete the application online
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to your questions
For more information, Visit Programme Webpage