The African Union Commission (AUC) and Partners across Africa invites applications for 2020 edition of Innovating Education in Africa Expo.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful applicants will benefit from one or more of the following:
Receive cash grants up to 100,000 USD.
Application Deadline: 25th September 2020 by 23:00 (GMT+3).
Innovations being sought:
- The innovation should either be in the phase of piloting or implementation in Africa with some demonstrated success. The solutions should focus on one or more aspects of the education delivery system including data and analytics, teaching and learning management software, teaching and learning materials, connectivity of schools, assessment, education hardware and infrastructure, and school administration. Additionally, the innovation should satisfy at least one of the following:
- Enable access to education and improved quality of delivery for those who are unable to access existing services.
- Demonstrate a scalable, sustainable business and financing model.
- Provide services to consumers at lower prices than existing alternatives.
- Applications are accepted from entrepreneurs aged between 18-35 years. Organisations should meet the following criteria:
- Implementing an education innovation in Africa in line with the “background” and “innovations being sought” defined in the Call for Submissions.
- Should have been a legally registered and operational for not less than 1 year.
- Should not have previously awarded in the top 10 category of the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018 and 2019.
- Innovation promoted to policy makers, investors, and practitioners during the Virtual Exhibition Day.
- Participate in entrepreneurship training, business incubation and acceleration program towards strengthening business model and scaling up of innovations.
- Innovation published in the Africa Education Innovations Handbook 2020.
- Certificate of Recognition from the African Union Commission.
How to Apply:
Submissions should be made online in English or French. The following information should be submitted:
- Describe the need which the innovation targets (100 words max).
- Describe the business model for implementing the innovation (250 words max).
- Provide information on the impact or demonstrated success of your innovation (100 words max).
- Explain how the innovation can be upscaled sustainably (100 words max).
- Video which shows your innovation in action.
- Profile of the organisation’s leader or leadership team, as applicable.
- Business registration certificate.