The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty of the Future invites Women from Developing Countries to apply for PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowship. Grant recipients are selected for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents and are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Type: PhD/Postdoctoral, Fellowship
- Number of fellowships: Several
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries and Emerging Economies
- To be taken at: Top universities abroad
- Accepted Subject Areas: Physical sciences and related disciplines
- Deadline: November 9, 2020
- Value of Award: It covers the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study. Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, and recommendations from supervisors.
- Applicant must be a female from developing country or emerging economy
- Applicant is not eligible to apply if he/she holds dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. – are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies.
- Applicant must be enrolled, admitted, or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad
- Applicant must hold an excellent academic record.
- Applicant must be willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development.
- Applicant must have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home
- Applicant can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
If you do not meet the above criteria, please do not apply for a grant, as your application will not be retained in the selection process.
A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance.
- Quality of references.
- Quality of host country university.
- Level of commitment to return to home country.
- Commitment to teaching.
- Relevance of research to home country.
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this fellowship, complete the application online.
For more information, Visit Scholarship Webpage