Young candidates from developing countries are invited to apply for the METI Government of Japan Internship Program.
- Type: Internship
- Activities 4 hours per day
- Eligibility: Young foreign nationals of developing countries
- Eligible Countries: Developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries)
- Number of Awards: 80
- Duration: 30 days from 1st December to 23rd December,2020 or from 18th January,2021 to 3rd February,2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December,2020 to 17th January,2021)
- Award Provider: Government of Japan
- To be taken at (country): 10 Satellite Office designated by the Program Office located in Vietnam（CMC/Hanoi/Da Nang), Thailand（Bangkok), Indonesia（Jakarta), Malaysia（Kuala Lumpur), India（Delhi/ Gurgaon/Chennai/Bangalore)
- Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Responsibilities of interns
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) in consultation with the Internship manager
- Participating in group training, follow-up training, and wrap up presentation
- Undertaking the internship full-time during the internship period (international students living in Japan must ensure this is balanced with academic work)
- Undertaking management of their safety and health as thoroughly as possible, including gathering emergency information for Japan, as well as communication, reporting, and consultation with the Program Office and the host company
- Submitting a variety of documents, notifications, reports, evaluation reports, etc. before coming to Japan, as well as during and after the internship period
- Appropriate Behaviour demonstrating awareness as a beneficiary of public funds received from the Japanese government
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office. (5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in an internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in an internship under the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
Value of Program:
- Daily allowance (as the expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- Internship insurance
- PC, Lan, WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office. (Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self .)
Responsibilities of interns:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in an internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in teleworking
- Taking responsibility for their safety and health thoroughly. Contact with the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during the internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behaviour required as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government
How to Apply:
Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Website.
Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
And various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
For more information, Visit Program Webpage
Notes: The Japan Internship Program offers work experience, not actual employment. It aims to provide interns with workplace skills and know-how. Please note it is not a substitute for casual or part-time employment.