The University of Waikato is inviting applications from talented international undergraduate or postgraduate intending to enrol at the University of Waikato (UoW) for the International Excellence Scholarship programmes. The Scholarships is awarded to candidates who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and strong potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Study Location: University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught), Postgraduate (Research), Other
- Eligible Subjects: All the taught degrees and postgraduate research degrees programmes
- Eligible countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador, Germany, UK, France, Norway, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Jordan, Iran, Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Mauritius.
- Open All times
- The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD 10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme of study either at the time of the offer or once their enrolment is completed. The amount offered will be based on criteria such as, but not limited to, total available funding, grades, financial need, number of credits enrolled, number of applicants, a period of enrolment.
- Scholarship applicants must be intending to enrol at the UoW for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, in any subject, and must have received a conditional or unconditional Offer of Place from UoW. Applicants must have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
- Applicants must be citizens of the following countries and classified as overseas students.
- They must not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme), and must not have paid fees at the time of application.
- They must have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato. They should have received a conditional or unconditional offer of a place for a full-time degree programme that has a total duration of at least 12 months.
- They have to be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available).
- Those who are coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body are ineligible, as are those coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement, or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
How to Apply
Applications for 2020 can be submitted online at any time but applicants must be overseas at the time of submitting their application for the scholarship and must submit their scholarship application before lodging a visa application to travel to New Zealand. They need to furnish a personal statement that answers the following questions:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
For more information, visit the Scholarship webpage