Undergraduate Students from Southern African Development Community (SADC) region are invited to apply for INISA 2020 student grant to cover up to 75% of tuition fees and related costs for the academic year 2020 at a higher education institution in the SADC region. INISA is a German Non-Governmental Organisation and its mission is to inform the German public on political, economic, social, and cultural developments in Southern Africa to create interest, deepen understanding and enhance contacts and exchange between Germany and Southern Africa.
- Type: Grant
- Worth: Maximum of Euro 3000 to cover 75% of tuition fees and related costs for the academic year 2020
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Number of Awards: 1 (Should the grant be awarded to more than one student the maximum amount will be split equally).
- Eligible Field(s): The grant is open to students of all subjects, but particularly we encourage applications by science, engineering, economics, and medical students.
- To be Taken at (Country): Any of the SADC countries
- Application Deadline: 19th September 2020
- Hold the nationality of one of the SADC countries.
- Study full time at a University or other tertiary education institution in one of the
- Be in the second or third year of his or her undergraduate studies, he/she has successfully completed at least one year of studies and has successfully reregistered for further courses in the next academic year. Please note: the INISA Student Grant is not applicable to postgraduate studies such as Honours, Masters or PhD programs.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this grant, complete the application online.
NOTE: Students are required to provide proof of tuition related expenses with a fees account record, as the grant amount covers a percentage of these expenses and needs to be calculated on that basis before any payment is possible. The grant will be paid directly into the student’s fees account at the University. INISA requires the student to provide two reports on the progress of his/her studies in the year he/she is awarded the grant.
For more information, Visit Award Webpage