Nigerian University students are invited to apply for National Enterprise Challenge. The challenge is an initiative of the Directors of Entrepreneurship Centres across Nigerian Universities in partnership with National Universities Commission (NUC). The competition is open to all current students irrespective of their field of study, undergraduate or postgraduate, full time or part-time. They must however be studying in a Nigerian University.
Purpose of the challenge
The aim of the challenge is to improve the entrepreneurial mindset and motivating Nigerian University students to start and run ventures even while at school rather than looking for employment after graduation.
- Worth: Top three winners will be awarded grants to start or grow their venture as follows:
- 1st Prize – N1m
- 2nd Prize – N750,000
- 3rd Prize – N500,000
- Regional winners (1st to 3rd ) will receive consolation prizes even as they proceed to the finals.
- The challenge opens from 21st August 2020 – the World Entrepreneurship Day till 30th September 2020.
Challenge competition process
- Selected entrepreneurs will pitch at the Regional level between 12-24 October 2020. Regional winners will be declared by 31st October 2020 and the top three in each region will proceed to compete at the national where ONLY 18 will be finalists.
- As part of the process, finalists will be required to send a 3-minute video of their pitch which will be uploaded for general viewing and voting by the public. Results from the public vote will constitute 30% of the total marks. The remaining 70% will be decided by our Grand Jury during the Global Entrepreneurship Week holding 16-22 November 2020.
How to apply
Interested applicants are to complete application online.
For More Information, Visit the Official Webpage