International students are invited to apply for ACI Undergraduate or postgraduate Fellowship for international students. ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are awarded annually to help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals. The student must be considered a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as defined by the college or university during the award year. Applications will be accepted from anywhere in the world, but study must take place in the United States or Canada during the award year.
- Eligible Countries: All
- Worth: Fully funded
- Award Provider: American Concrete Institute
- To be Taken at (Country): ACI Foundation Fellowships can be awarded to anyone in the world; however, you must attend a U.S. or Canadian university during the award year.
- Fields of Study: Structural Design, Materials, Construction
- Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Application Deadline: 2nd November 2020.
- Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
- A single online application form will be used for all the fellowships and scholarships. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award year begins in Fall 2021, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- Following the application season, can you attend an interview at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 28, 2021 (Fellowship applicants only)? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation.
- Can you fulfil a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2021 ((For certain fellowships))?
- For the entire school term (fall semester 2021 through spring semester 2022), you must be a full-time student for the entire school year.
Based on essays, submitted data and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select scholarship and fellowship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
How to Apply
The application for the 2021-2022 season is now open. Interested candidates are to review the requirements and complete applications for fellowships & scholarships application or Middle East & North Africa fellowship application. Applicants must submit the following during application:
- Applicant’s contact and educational information.
- A resume.
- A 500-word essay.
- Discuss your interest in a long-term career in the concrete industry. Cite past, present, and future planned activities that demonstrate the level of your interest in the general field of concrete. As appropriate, comment on your course work, employment, professional development, academic or personal projects, competitions, professional or personal service, research, publications, involvement in ACI or other organizations, and other related activities. If the fellowship or scholarship for which you are applying has specific requirements, be sure to address those requirements as well.
- Official transcripts: Read more about transcript submittal below.
- Two endorsements, which are statements of evaluation of the applicant, in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity and career interest.
- Be prepared with the names and email addresses of your endorsers.
- One endorser must be an ACI member (non-student) and the other should be an employer (if possible) or professor. Often, it is easier to locate and contact an ACI member at your school. To search for an ACI member or faculty in your area, please visit the Member Directory. Only ACI members can search the member directory. Not a member? Sign up! it’s free for students. If your professor is not an ACI member, joining the Faculty Network brings with it a free one-year ACI membership and you can suggest the professor join the Faculty Network.
- The proper protocol is to contact these individuals and get their commitment to write an endorsement before submitting their names and emails on the application. The online platform will automatically contact these individuals directly for their endorsement. You can check on receipt of endorsement forms by logging on to the application platform.
- Endorsers must not be family members of the applicant, nor students.
For more information, Visit Scholarship Webpage