Applicants are invited to apply for University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships. The Faculty of Graduate Studies gives more than $2 million dollars in University Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) each year to full time graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.) in recognition of academic excellence, superior intellectual ability, and academic accomplishment.
- Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Level: Masters/PhD Degree
- Status: Open
- Courses start year: 2020
- Field(s) of study: Any graduate degree programs offered by the University (except those in the Faculty of Medicine and in the Master of Business Administration – MBA).
- Eligible Country: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
- Scholarship value: UMGF Master’s awards are valued at $14,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $28,000. And UMGF Doctoral awards are valued at $18,000 per year for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months, up to a total of $72,000.
- Application Deadline: varies (annual)
- Students must have a minimum admission GPA of 3.0 to be considered for the award. Please contact your Department as they may have a higher GPA requirement.
- Students must have been admitted as a full-time student without provision or have cleared provisional admission as a master’s or Ph.D. student in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba.
- For guide, please refer to the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) Award Holder’s Guide .
How to Apply
Prospective applicants are to consult their respective Department/Unit for the application process and deadline. Once the Department/Unit determines their selection, students are recommended to the Faculty of Graduate Studies. Deadline varies per faculty.
For more information, visit official scholarship