Applications are invited for Roberto Franceschi Research Grants for MSc and PhD Students in Italy. The scholarships are for scientific research in the field of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of social pathologies and forms of social exclusion in 2020. For this purpose, each year the Foundation establishes a research funding programme named “Roberto Franceschi”, aimed at students of Master of Science and PhD programmes. For the year 2020, the programme is regulated by the present announcement.
- Study Level: Master of Science and PhD programmes.
- Worth of Award: travel expenses, board, and lodging expenses during research trips
- compensation for research assistants/collaborators, access to datasets and translations
- software purchase of supplies needed to carry out the research, other expenses
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be students enrolled at the time of application in a Master of Science or PhD programme offered by a University in Lombardy, including programmes carried out in agreement with other universities, or in a PhD programme offered by any Italian or foreign University, provided that applicants received their Master’s Degree from a University in Lombardy.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by sending an email to the address email@example.com by the deadline. The application must include the following attachments:
- applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- a motivation letter detailing applicant’s reasons for applying, about their future career plans.
- a detailed research project describing the current knowledge of the research area investigated, the contribution to the existing literature, the nature of the data to be collected, the intended use of the data, a budget of the foreseen expenses to justify the requested amount;
- a summary of the research project prepared following the structure of the form attached to this announcement.
- a reference letter from the applicant’s PhD supervisor or master’s thesis supervisor.
- a signed statement in which the applicant either declares that they are not receiving other research grants or scholarships during the same period in which Fondazione Roberto grant is paid or specifies the type of funding received, its expiration date and the institution providing it.
NOTE: Applicants can ask for any amount of money up to 16,000 Euros (before taxes).
The Scientific Committee will decide whether to fund one or more projects and will
determine the amount allocated to each, assessing the appropriateness of costs. For more information, visit the official webpage