Suitably qualified international students are invited to apply for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University for 2021-22 academic year. Each Ertegun Scholar has his or her own dedicated space for research and writing, opportunities to participate in social occasions and lively lectures, performances, and other activities developed expressly for the Ertegun Scholars, and access to Wi-Fi, on-line access to Oxford libraries and state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- Level: Graduate
- Opening date: September 1 2020
- Eligible countries: International
- Field: Humanities
- Duration: Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based on satisfactory academic progress.
- Worth of Awards: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £15,009), plus exclusive use of Ertegun House
- Deadline for graduate: January 8, 2021
- You should be applying to start a new one- or two-year full-time master’s degree or three-year full-time doctoral degree at Oxford.
- You must be applying to start a new full-time graduate course at Oxford.
- You must be applying to a Humanities course within the following faculties:
Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (DPhil in contemporary art history and theory only); History (including history of art and the history of architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; Theology and Religion; and the Film Aesthetics and Women’s Studies interdisciplinary courses.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the additional criteria outlined on the Ertegun supporting statement form
How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship, the University of Oxford scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form has to be completed before deadline. Also, Ertegun supporting statement (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
For more information, visit the official webpage