Applications are invited for Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) for Advanced Scholars. The scholarship was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations, develop the next generation of innovative leaders and community builders by providing enriched academic, professional, and cross-cultural experiences and by facilitating lasting local and global community engagement.
- Application Deadline: 26th October 2020
- Eligible Countries: West African countries & Canada
- Priority groups: Women researchers (about 60%) and Francophone researchers
- Type: Research, Doctoral, Postdoc
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Value of Award: Applicants may seek up to $300,000 CAD in funding
- Eligible research fields: Climate resilience and sustainable food systems, Education and innovation systems, Ethics in development research, Health equity, Inclusive governance, Sustainable inclusive growth
Eligibility: Eligible Proposals
- Canadian universities which have recognized provincial degree granting powers, or their affiliates, may submit a proposal to QES-AS West Africa. Universities may partner with one or more other Canadian university(ies) for a joint proposal however, each university may only be the lead applicant in one submission to the program.
- Projects will support specialized training and/or research activities for doctoral researchers, post-doctoral researchers and early career researchers from Canada and West Africa and each award must include a non-academic research placement with industry/civil society.
- Institutional strengthening – proposals which make a convincing case that scholar exchanges, beyond advancing individual scholars` own careers, will deliberately be used by Canadian and West African universities to strengthen their own institutional capacity (research areas, curriculums, partnerships etc.) will be prioritised.
How to Apply:
Please consult QES advanced scholars West Africa program guidelines and Frequently asked questions
For More Information, visit the scholarship webpage