Applications are invited for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for International Students. The Scholarship Department of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung awards master’s and PhD scholarships to highly qualified international students who wish to undertake studies in Germany. They should be individuals demonstrating a high level of social and political engagement.
- Sponsor: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Level: Masters/PhD Degree
- Course starts April/Oct 2021
- Host Institution(s): German universities
- Level/Field(s) of study: Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target group: International students from all over the world. Preference is given to women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities, with achievement and commitment.
- Scholarship value: a living grant, for the duration of the standard study programme period. Tuition fees for international students are not covered. It also offers scholars a wide range of support, consisting of political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia and educational trips. It also organizes practical training in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management and other key skills, time management and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and specific seminars on methodology.
- Deadline: 1 Oct 2020/1 April 2021 (Annual)
- The Scholarship Department awards grants to foreign students (MA only) and PhD students who are temporarily residing in Germany for study or research purposes. The requirements are:
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above) MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognized German university
- PhD students must be accepted at a German university
- Applicants for scholarships for MA and doctoral students from Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Tunisia, Yemen, Jordan, Morocco and Iraq can be graduate students pursuing their MA, Diploma or State Examination in Germany or doctoral students pursuing a PhD or doctoral research in Germany.
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and/or university)
- Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- Personal/family background
How to apply
Application for scholarships are to be completed online before deadline is 1 October 2020 for grants beginning in the summer semester of the following year (1 April 2021) or 1 April 2021 for grants beginning in the winter semester of the same year (1 October 2021).
For more information, visit the official website