Applications are invited for Wells Mountain Education Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students in Developing Countries for 2021 academic year. The scholarship support undergraduate scholarship to students from developing countries to study in their home country or any other developing country aimed providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Study location: Home Universities in Developing Countries
- Type: undergraduate
- Number of Awards: 10 to 30 per year
- Eligible fields: All fields are eligible. However, it favours professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture, and business.
- Application Deadline: 1st March 2021
- Applicant must have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Applicant will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- Applicant must have plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- Applicant must have volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- Applicant may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
- Scholars planning to study in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK or Western Europe will not qualify for a WMI Scholarship
Worth of Scholarship
- Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD.
- tuition and fees
- books and materials
- room rent and meals
How to Apply: Interested applicants are to submit applications online. Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation written by his/her teacher, religious leader, volunteer