Applications are invited for 2020 Japanese Government (MEXT) Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Tokyo. The number of applicants to be nominated by the Graduate School of Science to the University of Tokyo, as well as the number to be subsequently nominated by the University of Tokyo to MEXT, shall be finalized after the application period has closed. In the last round (application for 2020 entrance) each Graduate School was allowed to nominate at most one applicant, and the University of Tokyo was allowed to nominate at most three applicants to MEXT.
- Value of Award: Allowance, Traveling Costs, School Fees
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Master, PhD
- Duration of Award: 2 years master’s Program (October 2021 – September, 2023), 3 years Doctoral Program (October, 2021 – September, 2024) and Extension of the Scholarship Period
- Application Deadline: 30th October 2020
- Applicants must be international students with outstanding academic records who wish to enter Japan in September 2021 as a new student to study in the master’s or Doctoral Program at the Graduate School of Science.
- Applicants who have already graduated from their latest degree program should have a final grade point of 2.30 or higher, while current students should have a grade point of 2.30 or higher for their current courses, and both should be expected to maintain the same academic standards during the course of the scholarship program.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicants are to send in the required documents for MEXT Scholarship as well as complete their admission application for entering the Master’s/Doctoral Program online. Please, visit Instruction for Graduate School Application for International Students for more details.
For More Information, visit the official website