Applications are invited for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po in France. The scholarship is aimed at supporting 120 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries. Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions authorised to nominate candidates. Sciences Po is the first university in continental Europe to join the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. Within this international network, 27 prestigious institutions in Africa, America and Europe are committed to ensuring that all young people, whatever their background, have the same opportunities to get a quality education and fulfil their potential.
- Eligible Countries: Africans
- To Be Taken At (Country): France
- Type: Masters, Short course (summer school)
- Value of Award: These scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study.
- Scholarship application Deadlines: November 25, 2020 (Master) and January 31, 2021 (Summer School)
- Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the bachelor’s degree, two years for the master’s degree and one month for the Summer School.
- Number of awards: 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation, 40 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools, 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
- School application deadline: December 6, 2020 (Master) and February 28, 2021 (Summer School)
- The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
- Number of Awards: 120 for a period of 5 years.
- As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
How to Apply
For more information, Visit the Program Webpage