Applications are invited for 2020 Activate Fellowship for Tech Entrepreneurs in USA. A two-year fellowship to turn your technology concept into a product. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area (holding a non-EEA-nationality) can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS). Fellowships are offered in partnership with a world-class host laboratory and supported by a dedicated local team. At each location, fellows can collaborate with world-leading experts and access cutting edge facilities to advance their project.
- Type: Entrepreneurship
- Deadline: Applications close on October 30 at 5pm PT.
Check their FAQ for more on Eligibility
- Their primary selection filter will be based on your individual strengths as a potential fellow.
- They are looking for entrepreneurial technical leaders who have the drive and ability to build a transformative technology and lead a team in its development.
- They also work to ensure that the initial project concept is technically sound, reasonably differentiated, and addresses a well-framed problem with potential for significant long-term impact in any of the sectors that align with the missions of the fellowship sponsors.
- Applicants can be either an individual or up to two technical leaders of an existing team or company. If a project has two leaders that meet the eligibility criteria, both individuals should apply in a single application.
To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 4+ years post-baccalaureate scientific research, engineering, or technology development experience.
- Must be proposing a project based on an innovation in the physical or biological sciences, or related engineering disciplines.
- Must not have raised more than $2,000,000 in debt or equity funding from non-governmental sources for the proposed project.
- Initial and continued support is subject to performance, availability of funds, ability to work in the US, and access to a partner laboratory.
Worth of Award
- Two Years of Funding: Fellows receive a yearly living stipend of $80,000 to $110,000 plus a health insurance stipend and travel allowance. This enables them to focus on their project full-time. Each project also receives $100,000 of research support at the host laboratory.
- Community of Peers: Bringing technology to market can be a long and lonely road. Their fellows take this journey together as part of a dynamic community of scientists, engineers, and technologists who share what they know and celebrate each other’s victories.
- Unrivalled Network: They facilitate connections between fellows and our broad network of industry executives, investors, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and other experts from academia, industry, government, and finance—any of whom can serve as advisors or partners.
- World-Class Research Labs: Fellows are able to access world-class research tools, equipment, facilities, and expertise through collaboration with the host laboratory. Fellows fully own or jointly own all intellectual property developed during their two-year fellowship term.
- Rigorous Mentorship: Their experienced team meets with fellows one-on-one on a regular basis to help develop priorities, provide guidance, and make connections to our broader network of advisors, industry experts, and investors.
- Startup Curriculum: Tailored for scientists and engineers and delivered on a weekly basis, our startup curriculum includes sessions on core business and product development concepts, VIP speakers, skill development workshops, and shared learning from other fellows and alumni.
How to Apply
Review What’s Required and What they Look For. You might also want to review details of the fellowship. Interested candidates are to apply online.
For more information, visit the official webpage.