Applications are invited for 2021 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme. CIFAR supports exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical
and social sciences and the humanities to join one of their interdisciplinary research
programs that address some of the most important questions facing science and. CIFAR is a Canadian-based global research organization that convenes extraordinary minds to address the most important questions facing science and humanity. CIFAR is supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec as well as international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Field: Find eligible courses here
- Eligible: Any country
- Type: Early Researchers
- Deadline: October 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
Worth of Award
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support over two years. These funds are intended to strengthen their capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to research projects, teaching release, trainee support, conference travel, etc.
- Mentorship from a Fellow in their CIFAR research program. Mentors help Global Scholars to integrate into their program and may provide guidance and insights on areas of interest to the scholar (e.g., research directions, career development).
- Opportunities to apply for time-limited seed funding to support collaboration across disciplines. CIFAR’s Collaborative Research Catalyst Funds motivate and support the launch of high-risk/high-reward interdisciplinary collaborations with other CIFAR Azrieli
Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows within or across research programs.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are complete applications online.
For more information, visit the official webpage