Applications are invited for 2021 Victoria International Student Merit Scholarship at University of Houston in USA. All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for the International Merit Scholarship. For international students on F-1 and J-1 visa the scholarship will reflect the residency tuition rate. The award only applies to tuition and fees. All other costs such as housing, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, and health insurance are not included in this scholarship. The awards and waivers are available for fall recipients for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, and for spring recipients this scholarship and waivers will be awarded for spring and summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV
- Type: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Eligible Students: International
- Application deadline: June 15th November for All semester deadline and 15th 2021 for Spring semester
- Worth: $3000-$10,000 (two semesters). This award includes the $1000 guaranteed scholarship for students living on-campus.
Applicants Must Be:
- Admitted student to UHV
- At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity all spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
International students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Complete BOTH the scholarship application forms
- First submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application. (When you complete this application, it may say the deadline passed. Do not worry about this, just keep completing the application. We need you to complete this application as well regardless of the deadline). Sign in using your UHV username and password.
- Second submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application. Please note, you will need to attach the necessary application requirements. Once you hit submit the application, along with the uploaded attachments will be sent to the International Programs Office automatically.
- Both the above-mentioned applications MUST be completed in order for your scholarship application to be eligible for review.
How to Apply
- Students must be admitted to UHV. Scholarship application will not be reviewed for those with incomplete admissions or non-admitted students.
Current and Returning Students
- All conditions and requirements apply to current/ returning students at UHV. Current/Returning students must ensure to have two semesters remaining to complete their degree program.
Maintaining the International Merit Scholarship
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 for graduate students throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Contribute 10 volunteer hours assisting International Programs Office in hosting events such as International Education Week, International Sash Ceremony and International Festival during fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- International students on F-1 and J-1 status
- New international students must attend mandatory orientation
- Scholarship recipient must pay all outstanding university bills on or before the due dates.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- International Merit Scholarship is not guaranteed every year/semester. Students must reapply on or before the deadline.
- Students will be notified via email. Students are responsible to apply every semester.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- UHV Athletes receiving Athletics Scholarships
- International Students receiving International Student Cultural Scholarship
- Students receiving any other UHV tuition scholarship waivers
- Students receiving any other UHV competitive scholarships
- Students enrolled part time at UHV and part time at another institution in Texas
For more information, visit Official Website.