Scholars from developing countries are invited to apply for 2021 Austrian Government Scholarship. The scholarship is for a limited number of scholarships, funded by the Government of the Republic of Austria, are awarded to qualified applicants coming from developing countries and reform states according to the DAC List of ODA Recipients.To apply for such support, candidates have to indicate this in the relevant section of the application form and give reasons for their request in a scholarship essay. Scholarships cover, in part or fully, tuition fees and full board accommodation during the training. After the application deadline, the admissions board will screen all applications and decide about the allocation of scholarships. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the scholarship application in the letter of invitation.
Eligible counties: Developing countries
- Please note that IPT cannot support or award scholarships for travel expenses, insurance, and visa fees.
- For applicants from OECD Countries (incl. Austria)
- Applicants from Austria and other OECD countries may ask their employer or funding agencies for support.
- Austrian civil servants may ask their respective institution to pay the cost of participation.
- The Austrian Arbeitsmarktservice (AMS) does fund participation in IPT courses.
- Austrian applicants are advised to search www.kursfoerderungen.at for options of support.
- Applicants from OECD or non-OECD countries already employed by international organisations – at headquarters or in field missions (e.g. Asian Development Bank, OSCE, UN) – are in principle not eligible for scholarships and are advised to ask their organisation for support.
How to apply
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A recent photograph
- A scan of the data page of your passport
Please upload these documents in one file – the file name should be your “first name, last name”.
Scholarship applications must be submitted before the scholarship application deadline, which can be found in the course description. We cannot provide financial support for travel expenses.
After the scholarship deadline, only applications of self-financed candidates can be considered. The ASPR will notify applicants about the decision of the admission board shortly after the scholarship application deadline.
Selected participants must subsequently confirm their participation and transfer a down payment of €250 to the IPT account before the deadline indicated in the letter of invitation.
You are kindly requested to transfer the rest of the course fee before the beginning of the IPT course. Otherwise we are not able to consider your application effective. You are encouraged to transfer the entire course fee in one sum (including the down payment) to the IPT account to save on banking costs. (For our refund policy, see FAQ.)
IPT is firmly committed to a policy of non-discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or other grounds.