Applications are invited for 2021 PhD Scholarship on Game Theory, Mechanism Design, and Cybersecurity at the University of Queensland, Australia. The aims to apply game theory and mechanism design techniques to cybersecurity and it is supervised by Professor Claudio Mezzetti. The research will be conducted in collaboration between the School of Economics and the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering. A working knowledge of Mathematics, statistic, computing, economics would be of benefit to someone working on this project.
- Type: PhD
- Study location: University of Queensland, Australia
- Enrolment status: New students
- Eligible students: Domestic students, International students
- Field: Business and Economics, Engineering and Computing
- Worth: $28,597 per annum (2021 rate) indexed annually for living expenses
- Duration: Three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances
- Number of award: 3
- Application deadline: 11 November 2020
- The design of incentives and mechanisms for cybersecurity: blockchain or smart contracts for financial trading; supply chain, product provenance and traceability; regulation of chain for multi-chain eco-systems; fair distribution of blockchain resources.
- Data privacy: general data protection regulation; privacy compliance for digital systems e.g., e-auctions, e-health; building systems to protect data privacy (using blockchain and trusted execution environments to balance privacy and security)
- IoT/AI: big data solutions for inequality, trust, wellbeing; fairness, robustness, security, and privacy of AI applications, (e.g., in home loans, models used by judges in the courts, etc.); data sharing, selling and trading; teaming under dynamically changing or resource constrained environments; calibrating machine trust.
To be eligible, you must meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research.
How to apply
Before submitting an application, applicants are urged to check your eligibility and prepare your documentation. To apply for admission and scholarship, apply online . There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Steps for the application
- Contact Professor Claudio Mezzetti (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your suitability for this scholarship
- Go to scholarships and collaborative study section you
- Select ‘My higher degree is not collaborative’
- Select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’.
- Select ‘Other’, then ‘Research Project Scholarship’ and type in ‘GAME THEORY’ in the ‘Name of scholarship’ field.
- Applications will be judged on a competitive basis considering the applicant’s previous academic record, publication record, honours and awards, and employment history.
- The applicant will demonstrate academic achievement in the field/s of economics, computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, or similar and the potential for scholastic success.
- A background or knowledge of mathematics, statistics, computing, economics is highly desirable.