Applications are invited for 2020 African Young Insurance Professionals Programme. The Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) is a Fully Funded online training academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re to fulfil its mission to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa. The objective of this annual online training programme is to offer brilliant graduates the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The insurance programme is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who are successful for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training programme on a yearly basis with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where valuable on-the- job experience will be gained. Successful candidates will then be gathered for one week in Lagos or in another city where Africa Re has an office to conclude the training and for the graduation ceremony. During the one-week face- to- face training, participants will be divided into teams. Each team will be requested to present a paper of not more than 5 pages on how they expect to influence their respective organizations in the areas of training, knowledge, and skills acquisition if they assume positions of authority.
- Understand the reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance, and accountability.
- Develop/improve internal operations processes (client servicing, claims handling, etc.).
- Contribute to market research and segmentation for low income clients and develop products for the masses in order to increase insurance penetration.
- Contribute to the construction of reliable database of re/insurance market statistics.
- Develop a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by reducing some poor practices and approaches.
- Improve professionalism.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP programme, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF).
- A certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance.
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
- Citizen of a member state of Africa.
- Maximum 32 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm or another related field.
- Access to the internet.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
How to apply
Interested applicants are to complete application online. The following documents rate to be uploaded during application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail. Successful applicants will be contacted by email before 22 January 2021 and must be available to commence the programme in February 2021. Any candidate who does not participate in any of the modules will be excluded from the programme.