Applications are invited for 2021 Doctoral Scholarships at Carnegie Mellon University in Portugal. The Scholarship is for the framework of the CMU Portugal Dual Degree Ph.D. Programs in the following. Successful candidates to the CMU Portugal Dual Degree Ph.D. Programs spend up to two years at CMU and up to three years at a University in Portugal. At the end of their successful program the candidates get two Ph.D. degrees, one awarded by CMU and the other by the partner University in Portugal.
- Type: PhD
- Number of Awards: 12
- Study Location: Carnegie Mellon University, Portugal
- Fields: Computer Science (CS), Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Engineering and Public Policy (EPP), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Language Technologies (LTI), Robotics (CS/R), Software Engineering (SE). Details of the Dual Degree Ph.D. programs are available in the URLs above, for additional information regarding each Dual Degree Ph.D. Program see the CMU Portugal website
- Application deadlines for programmes:
|Computer Science (CS)||until 10/12/2020|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)||until 31/12/2020|
|Engineering and Public Policy (EPP)||until 15/12/2020|
|Human and Computer Interaction (HCI)||until 10/12/2020|
|Language Technologies (LTI)||until 10/12/2020|
|Software Engineering (SE)||until 10/12/2020|
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to submit applications are submitted directly through the Ph.D. program admissions website of each Department at CMU (see above) and applicants should indicate their interest in the corresponding Dual Degree Ph.D. program in the framework of the CMU Portugal Program. The FCT Scholarship will only be granted if the candidates are accepted by a Ph.D. Program at CMU and by a partner Portuguese University. Successful applicants may have to submit additional documentation to be awarded the FCT scholarship, see full details below.
- Following the Research and Education Collaboration Agreement between FCT and Carnegie Mellon University, the scholarship has the duration of one year, renewable up to a maximum of 5 years with satisfactory progress, of which at most two years are at CMU and up to three years are at the partner University in Portugal. The starting date is September 2021.
- While in Portugal the student receives an FCT scholarship monthly stipend “Subsídio de Manutenção Mensal (SMM)” of 1.064,00 euros. The stipend payment, as well as the monthly payment of the social security contributions “Seguro Social Voluntário 1º escalão” will be made in a monthly basis through bank transfer.
- While at CMU, the scholarship pays the going rate of a PhD student stipend and provides full tuition.