Applications are invited for 2021 University of California Berkeley African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship for African Students. The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrolment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- To be taken at (country): University of California, Berkeley
- Field of Study: Law
- Type: Masters
- Number of Awards: 2
- Value of Award: This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
- Duration of Programme: 1 year
- Application Deadline: 1st November 2020 for option A (spring start) and 18th December 2020 for option B (summer start)
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. professional track
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. professional track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester.
How to Apply
November 1st for option A (spring start)
December 18th for option B (summer start)
Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing.
For more information, Visit Programme Webpage