Applications are invited for 2021 Commonwealth Scholarship at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The National University of Singapore (NUS) is making available the Commonwealth Scholarship for outstanding graduate students from Commonwealth countries for research leading to a higher degree (Masters or PhD) at the University. This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
- Study Location: National University of Singapore
Type: Masters/PhD Degree
- Field(s) of study: Full-time Masters and PhD degrees by research, in any subject
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Target group: Citizens of Commonwealth countries
- Application Deadline: 1 Nov 2020 (Annual)
- The scholarship covers full tuition fees and provides for a monthly stipend of S$2000 for PhD candidates and S$1500 for master’s candidates.
- Scholars in a PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to S$500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), which is normally held 12 to 18 months after registration of candidature. The additional stipend is renewable each semester subject to Scholar’s good performance. The quantum and duration of the additional stipend may vary between Faculties and Schools.
- The Scholarship is tenable for 1 year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 2 years for master’s candidates and 4 years for PhD candidates.
- Eligible applicants are nationals from all Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- They must possess an undergraduate degree with at least Second-Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent.
- They must also have been admitted to a full-time graduate research programme at NUS at the time of award of the scholarship. They must also be individuals who are eligible for the Ministry of Education (MOE) subsidy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should indicate their interest in the Scholarship in their application for admission to the full-time graduate research programme. The application deadline for August 2021 entry is 1 November 2020.
For more information, visit Official Scholarship Website