Applications are invited for 2021 AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship for Students in South Africa. This opportunity covers tuition fees and living costs to undertake a PhD at UCL. It is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office and is open to applicants who permanently reside in South Africa. Students will be expected to spend most of their time in South Africa, conducting their research at AHRI. While in London, students will be expected to attend seminars, postgraduate club meetings and other UCL doctoral students’ events.
- Eligible Field(s): Medical Sciences and/or Population Health.
- Type: PhD
- Eligible Countries: South Africa
- To be Taken at (Country): UK & South Africa
- Value of Award: The PhD Studentship will fund, All fees for a three-year doctorate at UCL per year, Two round-trip economy air fares to and from SA to UK, Support for reasonable London living costs for up to one year, UCL Bench fees, Support for Durban living costs for two years.
- Duration of Award: 3 years
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Application Deadline: 28th May 2021.
- Applicants must be domiciled in South Africa at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a letter of recommendation from a proposed supervisor at UCL
- Applicants must be working with AHRI already or hold an approved letter of support to complete a PhD at AHRI*
- Applicants must be willing to stay in London for up to one year during their PhD studies. This time can be split into two periods of six months if required.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to complete the AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship Application form in detail. Also, the following documents need to be uploaded:
- Letter of recommendation from your proposed supervisor at AHRI.
- Letter of recommendation from your proposed supervisor at UCL.
- A copy of your academic CV.
- Certified copies of your academic transcripts and original certificates.
For more information, Visit Award Webpage for Details