Applications are invited for 2021 Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students. The fellowship was established by Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009 and the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme aims to attract outstanding students in the world to pursue their PhD degree programmes in Hong Kong’s institutions.
- Type: Doctoral (PhD) Degree
- Study in: Hong Kong, China
- Host Institution(s):
•City University of Hong Kong
• Hong Kong Baptist University
• Lingnan University
• The Chinese University of Hong Kong
• The Education University of Hong Kong
• The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
• Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
• The University of Hong Kong
- Level/Field of study: Eligible PhD Programmes offered by participating institutions. For details of PhD programmes offered by individual institutions, please refer to their respective websites (links found above).
- Number of Awards: 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2021/22 academic year
- Target group: International students
- Scholarship value: The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$319,200 (approximately US$40,900) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,300 (approximately US$1,700) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- Application Deadline: 1 Dec 2020 (annual)
- Those who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD students in UGC-funded institutions of Hong Kong, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2020 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
For more information, visit the Official Website