Applications are invited for 2021 Holland Government Masters Scholarships at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) who wish to pursue a degree in Holland.
- Eligible Countries: International
- Type: Masters
- Number of Awards: 17
- Value and Duration of Award: The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, € 10,000 or € 15,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies, even if you are enrolled in a two-year programme.
- Application Deadline: 31st January 2021 (23:59 CET).
- Applicants must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Applicants must never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands
- Applicants must have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of September 1, 2021
- Applicants must meet the specific entry requirements of the programme
How to Apply
Interested applicants are to submit application for admission for masters’ programme. After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, the application for scholarship can be complete via Osiris Online Application. And non-EU/EEA students have the option to apply for the Holland Scholarship from 1 November. The applicants also need to answer questions and upload your motivation letter and statement of financial resources.
The following documents need to be uploaded during application:
- Motivation letter explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your career goals
- A statement of financial resources demonstrating you can cover the remaining cost
Note: please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for a Holland Scholarship.
For more information, visit the official website