Applications are invited for 2021 Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Postgraduate and Doctoral programs Scholarships for International Students. The purpose of this scholarship program is to provide support to well-qualified people of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation in developing countries for postgraduate and doctoral programs. The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Scholarship Department grants master’s and PhD scholarships to highly qualified international students who wish to study in Germany. It is for individuals that show a high degree of social and political involvement.
- Eligible field of study: Advertisements, Science, Mathematics, Communications, Engineering, Economics, Environment Visual Studies, Health, Humanities, Music
- Study location: All disciplines and all state-approved institutions of higher education
- Type: Masters and PhD
- Application deadline: 1 April 2021 for scholarship grants starting in the winter semester of the same year (1 October 2021)
- The candidate must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- The candidate must need German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognised German university
- PhD students must be accepted at a German university
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and university).
- Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
- You must meet the general country/study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following
- the country/curriculum in which you studied.
- Strong academic and technical credentials (proof of above-average academic performance at school and university level).
- Political and social participation by the goals of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
- German language proficiency (level B2 or above) Personal/family history.
Benefits of the Programs
- The grant for international students shall be in the form of a living grant for the duration of the regular programme of study. Tuition fees for international students are not included.
- The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Scholarship Department provides a wide variety of assistance to students, including political education activities and summer schools, conferences both domestically and abroad, symposia and educational trips.
- It also organises practical instruction in fields such as rhetoric, conflict management and other core skills, time management and self-management, academic credentials, text and writing workshops, and detailed workshops on methodology.
How to Apply
For applying to theses scholarship, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for a Scholarship
Applications for scholarships are made online. The application deadline is 1 April 2021 for scholarship grants starting in the winter semester of the same year (1 October 2021).
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
For more information, visit the official website or Contact +49-(0)30-44310-0
University location: Straße der Pariser Kommune 8A, 10243 Berlin, Germany